After Miss World 2017, we now have Miss Universe 2017.
Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters wins the Miss Universe 2017 title. She is a South African model. Nel-Peters was born on 28 June, 1995 in Western Cape.
She compete for Miss South Africa 2017 representing Western Cape. After wining the title, she was supposed to compete in Miss World 2017 & Miss Universe 2017. But due to dates conciding, she was only sent for Miss Universe and she has proved it right for her country.
92 women from around the world participated and this year’s edition had the most contestants ever, including the first ever representatives of Cambodia, Laos and Nepal. The runner-up was Miss Colombia Laura Gonzalez, while the second runner-up was Miss Jamaica Davina Bennett. The event was held at The AXIS theater at Planet Hollywood casino-resort on the Las Vegas Strip.
Nel-Peters is the second titleholder from South Africa since 1978.
Few facts about Nel-Peters which you may not know:
- She loves making handmade cards and is a lover of scrapbooking.
- Her biggest motivation is her half-sister, who was born with a cerebellum and is disabled.
- She enjoys trail runs, hiking and road races.
- She has always been proud of the fact that she has “four parents” as both her mom and dad are remarried.
- Demi was elected as the Deputy Junior Mayor of the George City Council when she was in grade 11.
Written By: Alka Prasad