First and of all, Wishing you all a very happy New Year 2018.
I was lazing around at home before & on New year day. People are excited, party, make plans for this year while I was getting cozy in my house and spent time with family just like any other day.
Hopefully, you must be working hard to make this year a prosperous one.
Today we will talk about how to keep track of this year, achieve and leave a mark for our loved ones!
- What is missing? As soon as 2017 was about to end I started counting as what have I achieved last year? Nothing. Simply Nothing. I did not achieve even something minute. Although I have no regrets in 2017 still I realised that I did not do anything BIG. So, compare couple of past years and jot down your achievements. If 2017 had been remarkable for you then dream big for this year. Else, make up your mind doing it THIS year.
- Leave a Mark. No matter you have conquered the world, traveled half the earth, made it to moon, became an entrepreneur just be sure to keep the hunger moving you. Do something which no one has done it yet. My social media accounts are full of travel vlogs. I want to travel the world too but now I find it so common and boring. Hence, I would suggest you to Don’t Stop, Keep trying, Think unique, and Leave a Mark.
- Dream Big. Everyone tells you to dream big. I remember having a conversation with my father. He is a strict person yet emotional. He told me that we should always dream. I denied on having dreams. Reason given by him was logical, “If you don’t dream then you will not achieve anything. You will not be hungry.” Now, I feel that he is right. But dreaming is not enough. You have to work towards your dream.
- Be Updated. According to scientists, human race is evolving and they will gradually evolve as time passes. Same is with the surroundings. We are in the world of IoT (Internet of Things). Everything is controlled by internet. Don’t lack behind. Keep yourself updated in terms of what is going around the world, family, friends. Competition is getting tougher so no stopping. Just keep going.
- Be Unique. You must have noticed by now that I am constantly mentioning you to achieve, keep going, don’t stop, think unique. Because only those are getting success who are doing unique, thinking unique. Explore. Don’t be afraid to fall back. It is okay to fail. That is how Edison invented bulb. Maybe, you end up inventing bulbs which do not require battery, electricity, or any form of energy. Tell me too if you come with something unique!
- Please Don’t Stress. There have been rapid increase of psychiatrist in 2 decades. We are living in world full of stress. Stress is also a form of lifestyle now. Relieving stress is a business now. See, that is such entrepreneurial idea. Let us take pledge not to stress. If you stress, so will the future generations.
- Spend Time With Family. Dining room was made to sit & have a get together with family but now we still gather in dining room but with our gadgets. It is ironical that we call facebook, instagram, etc. a social media platform but we do not socialize with the real people sitting in front of us. I would recommend you to take time out for your family and do not take them lightly.
- Be Calculative. I don’t mean Mathematics here. Before taking a big step, always analyze. If you think it is right but wrong for others, it is okay because you are taking action because you must be having something at the back of your mind.
- Take Risk. I will not advice you to take risk all the time. Don’t get inspired by Bill Gates and drop out from college thinking that you will create another Microsoft. Note the fact that Gates studied & worked day and night after dropping out of college. Everything requires Hard Working. So, take risk and Work-hard.
- Love Yourself. Lastly, if you want happiness of your loved ones then love yourself. Also, if you want your happiness keep loving yourself more. Pamper yourself, give at least an hour to yourself. Oh boy, I Love myself the MOST.
Written By: Alka Prasad